JOIN THE LOVE-IN BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
The Toronto Dance Community Love-In is a not-for-profit artist run dance organization based in Tkaronto. The organization is nomadic, hosting an array of programming including workshops, performances, facilitated talks, collective practices & a summer festival in various spaces across the city. The Lovers are currently looking to expand their core team as well as bringing on new Board Members, prioritizing Black and Indigenous People and People of Colour who might be interested in joining.
Deadline: November 16th, 2020 at 11:59PM EST
Interested applicants will be contacted the week of November 23rd, 2020.
Volunteer position to aid in the flow and efficacy of the organization
Terms of Contract:
Open ended with 1 year minimum commitment
Attend Annual General Meetings along with up to 3 additional meetings throughout the year
Must be 18+ and live in Tkaronto (Toronto) or the Greater Toronto Area
General Duties and Expectations:
The Love-In has always worked against hierarchical structures. We operate on the basis of a collective model, which means we teach and support one another throughout our work. For joining Board Members, we provide opportunities to learn new skills and to be exposed to areas of interests within the dance and contemporary arts community.
- Good team worker
- Some knowledge of local arts communities
The Love-In strives to be an inviting and welcoming place of work. We integrate anti-oppressive practices into our collective working model as we continue to understand our complicity in white supremacy, colonial and capitalistic structures. Lovers are committed to radical change, to amplifying the voices of Black and Indigenous people, and to our ongoing education of social justice. We have an evolving Community Access program which upholds equity and respect and is implemented in all of our programming. By expanding our board we hope to further understand the ways in which we can serve our community.
Please answer the questions below, and provide any additional information you would like us to know through our Google Form.
1. Why would you like to join the Toronto Dance Community Love-In Board of Directors?
2. Do you have any previous experience working with a dance/art organization, an arts collective, in arts administration and/or as a board member?
3. Which of the following skills, experiences, or areas of interest would you bring to the team?
- Finance/Budget Management
- Human Resources
- Policy Development
- Collaborative Governance Models
- Non-Profit Operation
- Other (please specify)
4. Please feel welcome to disclose if you have lived experience with the Love-In. Be assured that any information you share with us will remain confidential.
5. Do you have any experience or interest working within a collective management structure? Please elaborate.
6. Describe your experience participating on a committee, board or directors, or other group decision-making process.
Please provide a CV (traditional and non-traditional formats are welcomed)
Should you need further accommodations please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org